Global Private Capital firm with $45bn AUM, multiple active funds, and +50 carry & co-investment plan participants.
The firm’s carry and co-investment data was held in a legacy database, alongside multiple Excel spreadsheets. Participants received quarterly reports.
The client wanted to improve operational efficiency and reduce reliance on legacy applications, providing plan participants with real-time information and enriched data to improve retention and incentivization.
The firm’s carry and co-investment data was held in a clunky legacy database, alongside multiple Excel spreadsheets. Coupled with complex leverage considerations, our client was spending weeks calculating plan member positions before manually creating and distributing static reports. There were also significant concerns around scalability and security.
ATLAS was charged with implementing a solution to eliminate manual data updates and calculations while providing real-time, on-demand access to participants in a secure, self-service branded portal.
Delivered in a 6-week implementation, ATLAS Carry Plans has reduced the time it takes to provide participants with their positions from several months to real-time.
- Positive feedback from plan participants praised improved clarity and accessibility of their carry positions, driven by configurable, branded dashboards
- ATLAS enables carry plan participants to self-service their own analysis, reducing the number of questions that the plan administrator receives
- Carry plan participants are now able to securely access their positions in real time and drill through to transaction level data
- Systemization of the data uncovered issues with historic data and led to improved historic and ongoing data quality
- Plan administrators report that better access to data has strengthened the firm’s carry and co-investment plans as a long-term incentive tool.
What are the potential benefits of the ATLAS Carry Plan solution?
- Streamline carry plan administration, with fewer errors, reduction in ad hoc queries and ability to control sensitive data in-house
- Employees gain better understanding of overall compensation, reducing turnover
- Improve firm-wide performance by clearly aligning employee rewards with company objectives.
Combining industry expertise with transformational technology, the ATLAS Carry Plan solution is suitable for all alternative asset classes.
To find out more and book your demo, please get in touch.