A global Private Capital firm with 130+ investments, €40bn AUM and over 50 carry & co-investment scheme participants in the UK.
The firm’s carry and co-investment data was held in a legacy database, alongside multiple Excel spreadsheets. Their use of leverage to fund co-investments had added a layer of complexity around how much each individual would borrow and those individuals’ balances and interest rates.
The reporting process was manual, slow and dependent on individual team members. PDF reports were produced on a quarterly basis, often distributed to the plan’s participants months after the quarter end. There were significant concerns around scalability.
- Data held across multiple source systems and spreadsheets
- Highly manual calculation and reporting process. Use of leverage added additional complexity around loan balances and interest rates
- Time consuming reporting process. Static PDF reports produced manually and distributed on email, with no ability to perform analysis
- Key man dependency and lack of scalability
Delivered in a 6-week implementation sprint, ATLAS Carry Plans has reduced the time it takes to provide participants with their positions from several months to real-time.
- ATLAS enables carry plan participants to self-service their own analysis, reducing the number of questions that the plan administrator receives
- Carry plan participants are now able to securely access their positions in real time and drill through to transaction level data
- Automation technology to handle complex calculations
- Systemisation of the data uncovered issues with historic data and led to improved historic and ongoing data quality
- A scalable and secure solution with reduced key man risk
- Better access to data has strengthened the firm’s carry and co-investment plans as a long-term incentive tool.
What are the potential benefits of the ATLAS Carry Plans solution?
- Streamline carry plan administration, with fewer errors, reduction in ad hoc queries and ability to control sensitive data in-house
- Provide employees with a better understanding of overall compensation, reducing employee turnover
- Improve firm-wide performance by clearly aligning employee rewards with company objectives
Combining industry expertise with transformational technology, the ATLAS Carry Plans solution is suitable for all alternative asset classes.
To find out more and book your demo, please get in touch